Cindy's Antique Quilts
Pendleton Indian Trade Blankets
To shop both wool Indian trade blankets and cotton Indian camp/Beacon/Esmond blankets be sure to check out the category list. This selection of Indian trade blankets will be wool unless noted. These blankets will be from the Pendleton Woolen Mills that include Pendletons, Beaver State, Cayuse and Blackfoot. Also included are Capps from the J Capps & Sons Company and Oregon City from the Oregon City Woolen Mills and sometimes a Racine by the Racine Woolen Manufacturing Company and with hopes a Buell blanket by the Buell Manufacturing Company. We are always adding new stock as it becomes available. Excellent books for reference on trade blankets that I recommend are Chasing Rainbows by Barry Friedman and Language Of The Robe by Robert Kapoun and a book with several pages of blankets is Chihuly's Pendletons by Dale Chihuly. A new book recently published and highly recommended is Still Chasing Rainbows by Barry Friedman.
Be sure and visit and "Like" and follow our new Facebook page: Old Vintage Indian Trade and Camp Blankets
Also,,,, I generally have more blankets avaialbe just not listed on the web site at the time, so drop me an email at email@example.com or check out my Instagram page , @cindysantiquequilts as I list some there or you may message me on that format . Thank you. Cindy
I often post blankets for sale on this FaceBook page, Old Vintage Indian Trade and Camp Blankets.
Beacon Blankets Make Warm Friends- Book
This is a great book for information on Beacon blankets. Beacon blankets often referred to as "camp" blankets and Indian blankets will be detailed in this book and there's lots of great images. Authors Jerry and Kathy Brownstein bring much light to the collecting of these blankets. The book tells the history of the company and shows lots of the original designs. Shipping $5.00 media mail. Beacon Blankets Make Warm Friends is an excellent book.. Highly recommend!
Displaying your vintage trade and Beacon blankets
Click on the image for more pictures of how a collection of blankets can be shown and displayed. Just a couple of many ways to show off those great blankets. A couple on a sofa makes for warmth on a cool night!!
Chasing Rainbows- out of stock currently
Chasing Rainbows: Collecting American Indian Trade & Camp Blankets (bk- 447) Author Barry Friedman with James Collins and Gary Diamond , photographs by Gary Diamond. This is a great book containing information regarding Indian trade blankets with lots of text and superb photographs. I personally recommend this book. This book is a favorite of many of the blanket collectors and has a wealth of information. Shipping media mail is included in price of _____ in the U.S. lower 48 states. Request total for shipping elsewhere.
- Know Your Antique Quilt Dealer-Cindy Rennels
- Please add me to email list.
- Customer Comments
- Show Schedule
- How to Care for your Quilt
- Our Booth at Shows
Cindy's Antique Quilts
A wide selection of quality antique quilts, and quilt tops, Indian trade and camp blankets.
PO Box 1212
Clinton, OK 73601
Phone: (580) 323-1174
- Featured Antique Quilts & Blankets
- Antique Quilts For Sale Gallery 1
- Antique Quilts For Sale Gallery 2
- Antique-Old Quilts Gallery 3
- Vintage Quilts For Sale- Gallery 4
- Breast Cancer Month- Pink Quilts
- Antique-Vintage Applique Quilts
- 2 Color Quilts For Sale
- Antique-Vintage Crib Quilts
- Antique-Vintage Doll Quilts
- Signed-Friendship Quilts
- Vintage Kit Quilts & Kit Tops
- Antique - Victorian Crazy Quilts
- Patriotic- Americana Quilts
- Antique- Vintage Quilt Blocks
- Antique-Vintage Quilt TOPS
- Beacon & Esmond Indian Camp Blankets
- Pendleton Indian Trade Blankets
- Antique Quilts Under $400.00 !!!
- Redwork & Embroidered Quilts
- Reproduction Quilt Kits & Patterns
- Betty Haines Collection & Art Quilts
- Quilt Books of Interest
- Native American-rugs, blankets, etc
- Western Americana -Decor
- A Brandt Ranch Oak Furniture
- Sold Antiques
- Quilt & more Questions